In honor of Small Business Saturday, which is coming up this Saturday, November 24, here are some great facts that explain why small businesses should build their online presence (whether they are building a website, a social media following or a mobile marketing campaign) and focus on reaching their target audience via the Internet.
Building a Web Presence
- 85% of consumers are searching for local businesses online
- 63% of small businesses don’t have a website
- 25% of small businesses don’t show up in the search results
- 22% of consumers’ time is spent on social media sites
- 86% of small business owners view Facebook as a valuable website
- 57% of businesses have acquired a customer through their company blog
- 72% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- 50% of mobile search is now local according to Google
- 79% of smart phone users use their phones to help with shopping and 74% make a purchase
- It is predicted that by 2014, mobile Internet users will surpass desktop Internet users
The Web gives small businesses with a smaller advertising budget the ability to compete with the larger corporations. With a combination of social media marketing, local SEO and mobile marketing, small business owners can connect with their target audience and grow their business just in time for the holiday season.