So you’re thinking about starting a blog for your company, but you have absolutely no idea what to write about? Don’t worry; we all have this problem at some point. Here are 5 blog topics to get your creative juices flowing. After a few posts, you won’t even need this topic list, you’ll discover that blog topics are everywhere; you just need to know where to look.
1. Summarize an industry-related news story. At the end of your post, link to the original news story and say something like “read the full article here.”
2. Write a how-to post. How-to’s are one of the most popular blog entries. Make sure it’s related to your industry. Then people searching online for a how-to on a particular task will stumble across your blog, read your entry and hopefully read more entries or visit your website.
3. Answer a common customer support question. This will not only help your customers but it also shows them that you genuinely care. Potential customers will see this and instantly gain more trust in your business.
4. Highlight a product or service. If there’s a particular product or service you are promoting this month, feature it on your blog. Include a photo and let your readers know how this product or service makes their life easier, healthier, happier, more successful, etc.
5. Provide tips and tricks of the trade. Share some inside information on your industry with your readers. Giving them information they find interesting or useful but can’t get anywhere else is one way to get them to come back and read in the future.