Consumers are doing more shopping and product research on mobile devices and according to a recent Google study, 75% of users prefer a mobile-friendly site, yet 96% of consumers have encountered sites that were clearly not designed for mobile. This means there is a lot of room for improvement for many business owners who have yet to go mobile. Here’s what else the study revealed.
A mobile-friendly website can help create loyal customers.
- 67% of mobile users say they’re more likely to buy from a site that’s mobile-friendly
- 74% of users say they’re more likely to return to a site that’s mobile-friendly
Without a mobile-friendly website, you could be sending customers to your competitors.
- 50% of users said that even if they like a business, they’ll use them less often if the website isn’t mobile-friendly
- 61% of users said if they didn’t find what they were looking for immediately on a mobile site, they would move to another website
When your website isn’t mobile-friendly, it frustrates most users and can hurt your company’s reputation.
- 52% of users said that a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company
- 48% of users said that if a website didn’t function well on a mobile device, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business
This Google study makes it clear that mobile-friendly websites are a must! Start taking steps to make sure your mobile website is user-friendly today.