If you’re a B2B company and you haven’t dipped a toe in the social media pool yet, one great place to start is blogging. Blogging not only shows your company’s personality and sets it apart from other businesses, but it can also provide keyword-rich content to the search engines in order to boost your website’s page rank. Want to create an awesome blog for your company? Follow these 5 tips for B2B blogging.
1. Blog from your website. Blogging from your own domain is more search engine friendly because it provides regularly updated content for your website. Search engines are more likely to come back and index your site when the content is fresh, which means higher rankings for you.
2. Use keywords in your blog titles. Figure out keywords that potential readers may use to find your blog post and use them in the title and sprinkled throughout the body of your blog. This will make your posts more searchable and will help your blog and website rank higher in the search engines.
3. Provide quality information that is interesting and educational. Making sure your readers will be interested and will benefit from your blog post ensures that they’re more likely to share it with others. They’re also more likely to come back and read more posts in the future. As they’re reading your blogs, they’ll build more trust and loyalty toward your company and will be more likely to do business with you in the future.
4. Break up the text in your posts. People don’t usually read online, they scan. People will scan through the different headlines of a blog post and read the parts that seem most interesting to them. When you’re writing your blogs, make sure to break up the text with headlines as you to separate and organize ideas, rather than typing one post in one long paragraph.
5. End each post with a Call to Action. Does your company offer a service similar to what you’re blogging about? Are you writing about a specific event, promotion or company announcement? Let your readers know what your company can do for them with a short Call to Action sentence at the end of your post.
Last time we discussed some potential topics for your new corporate blog. If you’ve already used those all up and still need some more ideas, here are 5 additional topics to write about on your business blog.
1. Announce a recent company achievement, news or event. Although you don’t want every blog to be only about your company, people look to you for the latest news and announcements about your business. If your company has recently been recognized for an achievement or some breaking news in your industry has just been released, make sure you’re blogging about it as soon as possible.
2. Show off your company’s employees. People want to interact with other people, not big corporations. Showcase your company’s team members on your social media networks and blog to help create better relationships with your current and potential customers. When people are able to see the faces behind your company, they’re more likely to put trust in you as well as become loyal customers and eventually advocates for your brand.
3. Post a relevant video and summarize it. If you find a useful how-to video, news story, or just an entertaining video that is relevant to your industry, post it to your blog and write a short description. If you post videos that you’ve created, it’s even better.
4. Review products. Did a new product just come out that is relevant to your industry? Do you think your customer/readers would be interested in knowing whether that product is a good one? Of course they would! Write a review for it and let them know whether it’s worthwhile. Putting yourself in your readers’ shoes helps give you a better understanding of what they’re interested in. The more you write about what they like, the more often they’ll return to read more and potentially purchase your product or service.
5. Invite a guest blogger. Bringing a fresh perspective to your blog will help it keep the interest of your readers. Ask your guest blogger to offer some insight on an important issue within the industry. Respond to the blog with your thoughts so your readers can see two points of view.
So you’re thinking about starting a blog for your company, but you have absolutely no idea what to write about? Don’t worry; we all have this problem at some point. Here are 5 blog topics to get your creative juices flowing. After a few posts, you won’t even need this topic list, you’ll discover that blog topics are everywhere; you just need to know where to look.
1. Summarize an industry-related news story. At the end of your post, link to the original news story and say something like “read the full article here.”
2. Write a how-to post. How-to’s are one of the most popular blog entries. Make sure it’s related to your industry. Then people searching online for a how-to on a particular task will stumble across your blog, read your entry and hopefully read more entries or visit your website.
3. Answer a common customer support question. This will not only help your customers but it also shows them that you genuinely care. Potential customers will see this and instantly gain more trust in your business.
4. Highlight a product or service. If there’s a particular product or service you are promoting this month, feature it on your blog. Include a photo and let your readers know how this product or service makes their life easier, healthier, happier, more successful, etc.
5. Provide tips and tricks of the trade. Share some inside information on your industry with your readers. Giving them information they find interesting or useful but can’t get anywhere else is one way to get them to come back and read in the future.