Real People. Real Reviews.
Yelp is an online urban city guide that helps people find and talk about places to eat, shop, drink, relax and play, based on reviews of active locals. It is open to individuals and businesses and is free to use. Yelp’s iPhone and iPad applications were dubbed the #15 and #5 most-downloaded apps of all time by Apple. Android and Blackberry users can also download and use the app from their mobile phones. As of January 2011, Yelp had 45 million monthly new visitors and contained over 15 million reviews written by members, 85% were positive.
Yelp for Business: an Overview
- Business owners can claim or add their listing in order to post special offers, respond to users’ reviews and add details about their business to their listing.’
- Yelp has an advertising program for businesses that allows businesses to pay for preferred search placement and additional features for their listing. Business owners also receive reports on traffic to their listing.
- Claiming your business listing prevents competitors from making any changes to the listing. Yelp reviews all changes made to a listing and rejects changes that do not seem legitimate or factual.
Why You Need to Join Yelp as a Business:
- To track what’s being said about your business online. Its easily advertised on Google and Yahoo.
- If you have great reviews, Yelp allows the business owner to have a sticker on their business window stating: “people like us on Yelp.”