How important is your domain to your business?
You may think as long as you have a great website and useful services, people will visit your site, right?
Well, not so fast…
Your domain name is the key factor of your website. It wouldn’t be an understatement to say it could make or break your business, so it is imperative you choose a domain that works for you.
That’s where we can help.
Choosing a domain name is more of an art than an exact science. So here are some tips and tricks we recommend following when choosing the best domain for your business. This will ensure your customers get the right first impression, that your brand is clearly defined, and your SEO is performing to the best of it’s ability.
Brandable over Generic
Using unique keywords vs keyword stuffing
Choose a domain that best represents your company, your services or your ideals.
Using Niche Keywords
A keyword/service in your domain can be great for SEO, but be wary of keyword stuffing!
The Golden Ratio
Shorter domains are more memorable. The best domains average around 11-12 characters. Once you go over 16-20 you start to lose your identifiable brand.
Avoid Hyphens & Numbers
Sometimes it’s unavoidable for the sake of a brand. But sticking to letters only is the best method to staying memorable with your domain.
Easy To Pronounce/Type
Whether you’re giving your website out over the phone or helping someone to find it, you want to avoid any chance of a mistake. Sometimes you only get one shot!
Top Level Domains (TLD’s) & Extensions
Your first option should be to check if your domain is available with .com – but don’t be afraid to venture into other extensions. You can sometimes find the domain you want using .net, .org or .pro as another option.
Part of the Local SEO Services for business listings at LocalSplash requires our direct access to your Google Business Profile location. LocalSplash uses this access in multiple ways to effectively manage and optimize your local listing as well as provide enhanced tools along with reporting in the Local Splash Dashboard. The below steps walk through the process to provide LocalSplash this access. This is process is completely safe to perform and will allow our systems to attach to Google securely. Should you be unable to perform any of the steps below, please let us know and we’ll escalate a support request to retrieve access to your listing.
1) Navigate to: business.google.com.
2) Log with your Google account that has verified control of Google Business Profile listing
3) Select the Name of your business listing in the list of Locations.
4) Click on the “Users” menu on the left hand side
5) On the top right, click the icon to “Invite new users or manager”
6) Enter the number: 5525546200 and select choose “Local Splash Listings”
7) Select the Role of “Manager”
8) Click the “INVITE” button
Posting through Google Business Profile lets you publish your services, specials and announcements directly to Google Search and Maps. It can increase traffic, rankings, and help you interact with potential clients.
Below are examples of posts you can create on your Google Business Profile page.
1) Call us today to learn more about our affordable pricing and expert services!
2) We’re a local trusted company, call now to take advantage of our free estimates! Quick, easy, affordable services.
3) Don’t panic if you’ve left your taxes until the last minute — we’re happy to help you during our dedicated clinics. Book a 15-minute slot, beginning at 7:30 AM on April 10 through 7:30 PM on April 14, and our expert accountants will get you going in the right direction, advising on the appropriate forms, deductions and special circumstances. Call us for a free quote.
4) Get your best friend ready for summer with a complete grooming and paw cleanup for only $50, now through Friday. (Be sure to ask to see our selection of snazzy bandanas — free with any grooming service!) Book now!