Frequently Asked Questions:
What you want to know about Local Splash
Click on a question below to find out more about our products and services.
- Why is local SEO so important?
- Why do I need Local Splash if I am already listed with the online Yellow Pages?
- How long will it take to see results?
- Will I rank for all of my keywords?
- What are directories and search engines?
- How do I ensure that I stay ahead of my competition when it comes to online visibility?
- Why am I ranking higher in Bing than Google?
- What are the best ways to optimize my site?
- How long will it take for my website to get on the first page of Google?
- Why is ongoing optimization necessary?
- What is the difference between local SEO and Paid results?
- How can Paid search help me?
- Do you offer Google Ads or Pay-per-click Management?
- Do you provide any kind of guarantee?
- How long does the optimization process take?
- How do you target customers in my area?
- Why are your services better than other SEO companies?
- How many “Keywords” will be targeted?
- How can I get my pictures to you so that they can appear on my Splash page?
- What do I need to do to cancel my service?
- Why am I receiving text messages from Local Splash?
- Why are reviews important?
- Why can’t I use my Yelp reviews on Google?
- I have changed my business address. What do I need to do?
- I work from home and I do not want my address to show. What should I do?
- Do you offer client support in Spanish?
- What is a Web Page / Landing Page?
- How does my website affect my ranking?
- Does Local Splash offer custom website development and hosting?
- Can Local Splash make changes to the website I already own?
- If I cancel, do I get to keep the landing page?
- What is the difference between Google Business Profiles (Google Maps), Google Ads, and Google Guaranteed?
- Do I need to use another dashboard to manage Google Guaranteed ads?
- Can I get access to the Google’s own Google Guaranteed dashboard directly?
- Why isn’t my Google Guaranteed ad showing up even though all documentation/background successfully passed and the ad was already activated?
- How can I improve my ad visibility on Google Guaranteed ads?
Why is local SEO so important?
Local SEO is important to both your customers and to you as a business owner. Customers can readily find a service near them with just a simple, honest search query as “cheap nail salon” or “shuffleboard rentals for wedding receptions.” Since the genesis of internet search – especially mobile search – consumers can now uncover local businesses with the click of a button. The dawn of local SEO has provided consumers immediate accessibility to local services in their neighborhood. Local search benefits your business by bringing in these consumers searching online. This can turn first-time customers into repeat customers, considering how local you may be to them!
Why do I need Local Splash if I am already listed with the online Yellow Pages?
A listing with the online Yellow Pages is a good start, but your basic Yellow Pages directory listing is not fully optimized for search engines. Even if your listing comes up in Google, Yahoo! or Bing, you will likely be so far down on the list that most customers won’t find you.
With Local Splash, you get promotion. We promote your products, services and location so your business gets higher ranking on search engine results pages. Our goal is to get you a first page listing so you can be easily found (and convey to potential customers that you are an established, credible and successful business).
About 85% of people who use the Internet use search engines, such as Google, Yahoo! or MSN Bing. Yellow Pages is a directory, not a search engine. In other words, when a prospective customer is looking for companies in their area, they are more likely to type in a search at Google.com, for example, than to go to the online Yellow Pages to look up businesses. We help you find success with search engines. By achieving high positioning in the local, organic and sponsored results sections of the search engines, you can capitalize on significantly more traffic than you would receive from the online Yellow Pages alone.
How long will it take to see results?
Once your business information is published in our directory, you will begin to see results after 14 days – such as your business’s data published on popular search directories! Some other search destinations may take up to 60 days. Data processing time varies for each search engine; however, once your business is indexed in Google, your rankings will only increase in time.
- Search engines – such as Google, Yahoo! and Bing – are search databases used by people who may not know the exact web address for a particular website. These search platforms garner loads of data and information that have been submitted on websites and search destinations and are indexed so people searching online can find the answers to what they need. For example, someone might rely on search engines to find a tasty chicken recipe or to locate a nearby pizza restaurant within 5 miles from them.
- Directories – such as Yellowbook, CitySearch and Merchant Circle – are local destination sites that provide you an opportunity to list your business’s information so that potential customers can find you. Once your information is listed on these directories, search engines will index this data on their end so that consumers can find any information related to their search when searching on Google, Yahoo! or Bing.
Mechanically, search engines and directories go hand in hand and are essential to getting your business the exposure it needs to rank online.
How do I ensure that I stay ahead of my competition when it comes to online visibility?
There are many ways to stay ahead of your competition online, and our SEO enthusiasts will be pleased to explain the details to you. Here are just a few contributing factors that will help you thrive on the web.
- Know your competition. We believe that knowing your competitor will be advantageous for you. What are they doing that is working that you are not? What products and services are getting customers into their door?
- By acclimating yourself with your competitors, it is critical to know your customers, too. What are they searching for this season? What is trending and what are they looking for that you can provide? Familiarizing yourself with your customers’ needs will help tailor your services or products to their requests, allowing them to find you.
- Submitting fresh, unique content regularly will show search engines that you are active in the online world. This is essential when being found online. Whether you submit articles or blogs routinely, search engines will see that you are communicating with your customers and enhancing the user experience for them.
- Having engaging, simple and accessible content on your website is vital to getting traffic onto your site. The content on your site should be understood and received fairly by your users, yet professional and well-informed to let them know you are well-versed in your services and products. If your website is user-friendly enough, containing relevant information to keep users engaged, then not only will you bring in heavy traffic and a low bounce rate, but you just might hear the calls come in, as well.
Why am I ranking higher in Bing than Google?
Bing and Google operate on very different search algorithms that drive their search results, which is probably why you might see your business rank higher on Bing than on Google. In addition, Google is notorious for updating their search algorithms and search indexes quite frequently in order to enhance the user’s experience in finding the best, most accurate results. While years ago, Google would index data online based on quality backlinks and keyword matching; yet now, they have immensely evolved and have accommodated full-question searches and mobile search.
Local Splash’s SEO gurus aim to conform our operations to stay abreast of Google’s updates so that you receive the highest stature of our optimization services.
What are the best ways to optimize my site?
Thinking like a customer is beneficial to optimizing your website. Ask yourself questions like these: where is their contact information in case I want to learn more? Is it available to me, without me having to scavenge the website for it? Is there a list of services that can tell me what they offer? Pictures – I would like to see some before-and-after photos to get an idea of the quality of work they provide.
Here are some of the best ways to optimize your website:
- Contact information such as phone number, email or an inquiry form that is readily available
- Fresh content published consistently to keep your customers in the loop
- Photo or video gallery to illustrate your services and products
- Performance ready? Does it load quickly and is it mobile-friendly?
- User-friendly capabilities – easy to locate helpful information, website appearance that is trustworthy, safe and not too overwhelming
- Meta-information – From the meta description to the meta title, target those rich keywords so that your customers can find you
- Bookmarking and social site links – give them an opportunity to follow you!
How long will it take for my website to get on the first page of Google?
Here at Local Splash, we remain fiercely dedicated to getting you on the first page fast. We anticipate an average of 6-8 weeks depending on your location and keywords.
Why is ongoing optimization necessary?
Ongoing optimization is vital to your business’s online presence because not only does it communicate with your customers on a regular basis, but it provides search engines with fresh content allowing them to crawl your website more frequently.
Ongoing optimization may include constant keyword management and staying in line with social media trends and seasonal products that will mirror user’s preferences.
In terms of visibility, you will see both types of results displayed on search engine result pages (SERP). While paid results are commonly displayed at the top and bottom of SERPs with an “Ad” or “Sponsored” indicator, local SEO results are frequently displayed on the first page with a map and heavily rely on the user’s location. The user’s search query (say, “pizza”) will correspond to the location they enter into their search bar or the current default location their phone or computer identifies.
Local results are free ads ranking on Google for the purpose of consumers finding products and services offered in their area. Because local SEO results focus on the business name, address, phone, and website, getting local results listed and ranked on Google is influenced particularly by SEO approaches by skilled marketers. However, with paid results you can be listed on Google’s top and bottom pages instantly depending on how much you bid as an advertiser. The higher you are willing to pay Google, the more frequent or higher you might be seen by potential customers searching for your service. Google will charge you for every time someone clicks on your ad. Paid search results usually require fewer SEO efforts, yet more planning and researching when creating your bid campaigns.
How can Paid search help me?
Paid search can help you obtain exposure on SERPs immediately. Your ad and business can be up and running on Google’s first page as soon as you set your bid on your Google Ads account. As an advertiser, you have complete authority over updating your bid pricing or search queries. This is essential if you like to align your strategic efforts with that of your customers’ needs.
Do you offer Google Ads or Pay-per-click Management?
Yes, we do. Our Google Ads certified team will be more than happy to explain the details to you. To learn more, contact our Google Ads specialists at (877) 635-6225.
Do you provide any kind of guarantee?
We cannot guarantee top placement on Google, Yahoo! or Bing; however, we remain fully dedicated to getting you there. All of our services gravitate towards meeting that objective.
How long does the optimization process take?
We allow 7-10 business days for optimization. During this time, we make sure that your business information is accurate, that you are submitted to trustworthy search destination sites, and that we are publishing high-quality content.
Although we take 7-10 business days to optimize your business, the time to see results will vary. Refer to How long will it take to see results? to learn more.
How do you target customers in my area?
Our goal is to play matchmaker between your business and customers searching for the products and services you provide in your area. We target Web users geographically to get them to your business.
With our integrated mapping feature, your business will show up in Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, and Bing when the Internet user is searching in your local area.
If a user specifies a geographic location in a search for a product/service (Plumber in Irvine, CA) then Google will search for plumbers in the specified area. If your business is located within that geographic area, then your company will appear in that user’s search results!
On the other hand, if a user performs a search on the Internet and does not specify a geographic location in the search, then Google will default the search to the user’s local area by identifying their IP address and geographic location. If your business is within that user’s local area and the user is searching for your type of product/service, then your company will show up on their map results!
Whether your customers are searching with a traditional search engine online, or searching using a mobile device, we use these methods to target them geographically.
Why are your services better than other SEO companies?
Unlike other SEO companies, we take a proactive approach in optimizing your business and getting you the results you have been anticipating. All of our departments work collectively on staying in line with online trends, the best SEO practices, and Google’s ever-changing algorithm. While our award-winning operations team are problem-solvers and knowledgeable in keeping your business afloat in the fickle digital world of Google, our courteous Customer Support staff will graciously address your utmost concerns and mind-boggling questions so that we are all on the same page.
How many “Keywords” will be targeted?
We target 7-10 keywords for your business. However, at Local Splash, we firmly believe that the quality and singularity of content that uses these keywords are what is most relevant to your business’s exposure online.
How can I get my pictures to you so that they can appear on my Splash page?
You will be sending your pictures to [email protected]. We recommend that you send us large, high-resolution photos so that they can be displayed sharply online.
What do I need to do to cancel my service?
At Local Splash, your opinion is important to us. If you would like to cancel your service, please call our Customer Support line at (877) 635-6225 ext. 1. We are available Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. PST
We will send you text messages for various reasons including, but not limited to, updates regarding the status of your account, inform you of any leads you are receiving, and more.
If for any reason you wish to stop receiving these, reply to any text with the word “Stop”. If you wish to resume receiving text messages from us, reply with the word “Start”.
Why are reviews important?
Reviews are critical to your business because they voice out your business’s reputation. Unlike rankings, reviews tell a story of your service and products to potential customers. Reviews distinguish being found online and being found online and beckoning customers to walk through your door because you’ve maintained a reputable business over the years. The reviews that you have earned stem from the quality of services and products you offer and how your customers receive them.
Why can’t I use my Yelp reviews on Google?
Yelp is a separate local business review site, independent from Google, which is why you cannot use your Yelp reviews on Google. However, your customers can use both Google and Yelp to write reviews and both can surely benefit your online exposure and reputation.
I have changed my business address. What do I need to do?
This is great that you acknowledged this. Changing your address will help customers find you and help your business stay updated and fresh on Google. Contact our Customer Support department by dialing (877) 635-6225 and we will ensure your new address is updated in our database and on other online directories.
I work from home and I do not want my address to show. What should I do?
There are many businesses who operate from their home, so you are not alone. We’ll make sure that your street address is hidden online and that you are found by customers searching for your service. We take the necessary approaches in accomplishing both so that you receive the most for your local SEO package.
What is a Web Page / Landing Page?
A web page/landing page is a separate page that your customers will land on from other reputable sources, and are designed to collect online traffic from that source. They are optimized pages containing your business information, relevant content, and a call-to-action that should prompt your customers to contact you.
Local Splash offers SEO-rich landing pages to track your business’s traffic online. These pages are independent of your business website and will not compromise it in any shape or form.
How does my website affect my ranking?
Of course, search engines are not as advanced as humans when receiving information. Search engine bots rely on meta information to gauge your business’s online presence. Your website affects your placement on search engines across a spectrum of conditions. Here are a few:
- User-experience – Is your website appealing from the moment a user clicks on it? Is information quickly available without them having to jump through hoops looking for it? Does it load quickly? Search engines measure the success of a result presented to users depending on how they engage with that result; such as, how long were they on that page and were they clicking through the sub-pages of your site?
- Engaging Content – Publishing useful, compelling content is beneficial to your customers and search engine optimization. Whether your content is conveyed to suggest, illustrate or to inform, providing such significant information will be to your ranking advantage.
- Ongoing Optimization – This can satisfy the needs of customers and search engine optimization. Creating fresh content regularly will signal your activity to search engines and will align with your customers’ preferences.
Does Local Splash offer custom website development and hosting?
Local Splash does not offer custom website development and hosting, however, we do offer professional landing pages that are SEO optimized and conversion-driven to help generate online traffic and can attract customers to your business.
Can Local Splash make changes to the website I already own?
We do not make any updates or changes to your business website that you already own. We do, however, promote your website upon your discretion across business directory listings that we submit to, which will increase your business’s visibility. Our mission is to help you be found by customers by providing them relevant information that will lead them to you.
If I cancel, do I get to keep the landing page?
If you decide to cancel your SEO services with us, we do offer the opportunity for you to keep your landing page URL for an additional fee. For further details, contact our Client Support team.
What is the difference between Google Business Profiles (Google Maps), Google Ads, and Google Guaranteed?
Google Business Profiles are a natural, organic channel where you may gain and increase visibility for your business on Google Maps – whether it’s on your customers’ desktop or mobile devices. You are not charged for any clicks, views, or leads generated from your Google Business Profile local maps listing.
Google Ads provides you and your business an additional channel where your business may gain even more visibility. Google Ads is a paid ads product, specifically, a pay per click type of product. Whenever a customer finds and clicks on your ad, you are already charged for that click. No matter what sort of action the customer takes after that click, such as browsing your website, reviewing your services/pricing, you are already charged for that click – even if the customer hasn’t called you just yet.
Google Guaranteed is also a paid ads product similar to Google Ads but instead, Google Guaranteed is a pay per lead type of product. Once your customer finds your Google Guaranteed ad, they can click on it, review the services, look at the images, visit your website – you won’t be charged for it at all. It is only when your customer decides to call the unique tracking phone number on the ad that you will be potentially charged for that phone call lead. I say “potentially” because you only pay for leads that are relevant to your business and valid per Google’s own policies.
Do I need to use another dashboard to manage Google Guaranteed ads?
No. The Local Splash Dashboard contains all your leads from all sources including those from Google Guaranteed. In some scenarios, call recordings may be missing from Local Splash Dashboard and still available in Google Guaranteed.
Can I get access to the Google’s own Google Guaranteed dashboard directly?
We can provide you access to view the Google Guaranteed dashboard. To get access, you’ll need to have a Google Account, such as a GMail or Google Workspace account.
Back to top
Why isn’t my Google Guaranteed ad showing up even though all documentation/background successfully passed and the ad was already activated?
If your Google Guaranteed ad is not appearing in the search results during normal business hours, it may be due to how Google temporarily paused your ad to ensure that your desired budget is spent as evenly as possible throughout the month.
- Your proximity to potential customers’ locations
- Your review score and the number of reviews you receive
- Your responsiveness to customer inquiries and requests
- Your business hours
- Whether or not Google received serious or repeated complaints about your business