Relevant Ads, Inc. DBA Local Splash
Terms and Conditions
This agreement takes effect the moment first payment is made by purchaser (“Client”) to Relevant Ads, Inc. aka Local Splash (“The Company”).
- The Company has experience and expertise in the development of Local Search Engine Optimization (“SEO”) Strategies for local businesses, web pages, and websites.
- Client desires to have The Company develop and deploy local SEO strategy and online marketing services.
- The Company desires to develop Client’s local SEO strategy and online marketing services.
In consideration of the mutual covenants set forth in this agreement, Client and The Company hereby agree as follows:
Length of Agreement and Renewals
- The length of the Initial Term of the Agreement will be agreed upon at point of sale.
- The Initial Term begins once the Client has fully paid for the Initial Term of service and any applicable setup costs.
- Once the Initial Term is complete, a new Monthly Term will automatically begin.
- The new Monthly Term ends on the same day that it started in following month.
- Once a Monthly Term is complete, a new Monthly Term will automatically begin.
- The price for the Monthly Terms will be stated at point of sale.
- All Terms are paid at the beginning of the Term.
1. Development of Strategy and Optimization Services
The Company agrees to create, manage, and employ the following online marketing products and services:
1.1 Local SEO Services
1.1.1 Google Listing (Google Places or Google+ Local or Google My Business)
- If a Google Listing already exists The Company will claim and provide instruction to the Client on how to verify the listing via phone, mail, or other means.
- Once the Google Listing is created OR claimed and verified, The Company will optimize Client’s Google Listing.
- The Company will provide necessary updates to the Client’s Google Listing upon request from Client or as The Company sees fit.
- The Client’s Google Listing will be claimed under a Google account that is owned by The Company. The Client will be provided ownership of the Google Listing only if:
- Google allows ownership rights to be transferred to the Client’s own Google account
- The Client requests ownership via phone.
- Client will not be given access to the Google accounts that The Company owns.
1.1.2 Other Online Directory Listings
- The Company will work to provide the Client with a variety of online directory listings.
- Due to the ever-changing value of online directories, there is not a permanent list of directories to which Clients are submitted.
- Some online directories allow for submission only. The Company is unable to edit the information on these directories after publication.
- As the business owner, the Client has ownership rights to their directory listings through the directory website only.
1.1.3 Geo-Targeted Landing Page or Splash Page Landing Page
- The Company will create and publish a one page (Splash Page Landing Page) OR a four page (Geo-Targeted Landing Page) landing-page for the Client’s business.
- The Landing Page will be search engine optimized in an effort to benefit the Client and as The Company sees fit.
- The Company will be responsible for hosting the Landing Page.
- The Geo-Targeted Landing Page or Splash Page Landing Page will use a URL owned by The Company.
- The Client may purchase the URL to the Geo-Targeted Landing Page or Splash Page Landing Page for a fee of $99.00.
- The Client may opt-out of the Geo-Targeted Landing Page or Splash Page Landing Page altogether and The Company will not create one for the Client.
1.2 Reputation Monitoring
- The Company offers a free reputation monitoring service.
- The Company is not responsible for any content delivered by this service.
- The service is available to the Client by request or as The Company sees fit.
1.3 Google AdWords
- The Company offers Google AdWords for an additional charge.
- The Company will optimize the Client’s Google AdWords campaign in a manner that The Company believes will benefit the Client’s business.
- The Company collects 25% of the total budget The Client (the industry average is 35%) spends on their AdWords campaign as a management fee. (If The Client pays $1000 for their AdWords campaign, The Company will collect $250 from the $1000 spent. The remaining $750 will go directly to Google.)
- The cost of the Client’s Google AdWords campaign may be adjusted by the client on a month to month basis by contacting Client Support.
2. Delivery Dates
The Company will use reasonable diligence in the development of the SEO services and endeavor to deliver all services within a maximum of 30 days from the account start date. Client acknowledges, however, that there is not a delivery deadline if Client fails to resolve any SEO queries on time or delay in providing required access, documents, permissions, or any support for SEO purposes. Client shall retain all of its intellectual property rights in any text, images or other components it owns and delivers to The Company for use in the SEO services rendered under this agreement.
For all of The Company’s services under this agreement, Client shall compensate The Company as agreed at the time of sale. In the event Client fails to make any of the payments agreed to on time, The Company has the right, but is not obligated, to pursue any or all of the following remedies: (1) terminate the agreement, (2) remove services or resources owned by The Company, and/or (3) bring legal action.
Client and The Company acknowledge and agree that the specifications and all other documents and information related to the development of local SEO services (the “Confidential Information”) constitutes valuable trade secrets of The Company. Client shall keep the Confidential Information in confidence and shall not, at any time during or after the term of this agreement, without The Company’s prior written consent, disclose or otherwise make available to anyone, either directly or indirectly, all or any part of the Confidential Information.
5. Limited Warranty and Limitation on Damages
Client waives any claim for damages, direct or indirect, and agrees that its sole and exclusive remedy for damages (either in contract or tort) is the return of the amount paid to The Company.
5.1 The Performance Promise
Local Splash promises that it will apply a credit for Client’s next month of basic service if, after the second payment, Client’s business is not on the first page of a major search engine using any of your search phrases in your local area (e.g. Attorney in Santa Rosa). It is the Client’s responsibility to call us before each eligible month’s billing date to receive said credit.
- The Company strives to work for only one (1) business within a specific category within any given ZIP code.
- The Company defines “specific category” as the primary category used in The Client’s Google listing.
- The Company performs a monthly check of its database to identify all cases where it may be working for more than one (1) business within a specific category within any given ZIP code.
- When The Company identifies instances where work is done for more than one (1) business within a specific category within any given ZIP code, The Company will offer the competing clients a reduced rate.
6. Cancellation Policy
- The Client may cancel services at any time by contacting Client Support. Certain fees may apply.
- Monthly services (Local SEO, AdWords) cancelled three (3) days before the next Monthly Term will be cancelled at no additional cost.
- Cancellation of any service after six (6) days from purchase: no refund will be provided and the remaining unpaid balance on the purchased products is due immediately and charged to the Client’s payment method on file. In some cases, an early cancellation fee based on the services selected will be imposed.
- The Company will refund one-hundred percent (100%) of initial payment if the Client contacts Client Support and requests cancellation and a refund within the first three (3) days of initial payment.
- The Company will refund fifty percent (50%) of initial payment if the Client contacts Client Support and requests cancellation and a refund after three (3) days but less than six (6) days of the initial payment.
7. Entire Agreement
This agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter herein. No modification of this agreement is valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
8. Governing Law
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in the Orange County, California Superior Court.
The waiver by either party of any breach or failure to enforce any of the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time shall not in any way affect, limit, or waive such party’s right thereafter to enforce and compel strict compliance with every term and condition of this agreement.
10. Good Faith
Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith, and agrees to continue to so act, in the negotiation, execution, delivery, performance, and any termination of this agreement.
11. No Right to Assign
Client has no right to assign, sell, modify or otherwise alter this agreement, except upon the express written advance approval of The Company, which consent may be withheld for any reason.
Client warrants that everything it provides The Company to employ in SEO is legally owned or licensed to Client. Client agrees to indemnify and hold The Company harmless from any and all claims brought by any third-party relating to any aspect of SEO, including, but without limitation, any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs, and claims including attorney’s fees arising out of injury caused by Client’s products/services, material supplied by Client, copyright infringement, and defective products sold via SEO. Client agrees to indemnify The Company from responsibility for problems/disruptions caused by third-party services that Client may use such as merchant accounts, shopping carts, shipping, hosting services, real time credit card processing and other services that relate to the ownership and operation of SEO or multimedia project.
13. Use of Material for Promotional Purposes
Client grants The Company the right to use its work in producing SEO for promotional purposes and/or to cross-link it with other advertising developed by The Company. Client grants The Company the right to list, reference or otherwise identify Client as a client of The Company in The Company’s advertising and marketing.
14. No Responsibility for Loss
The Company will have no responsibility for any third-party disrupting, intruding or otherwise copying files in part or in whole on all or any part of the work performed for SEO. The Company is not responsible for any down time, lost files, improper links or any other loss that may occur in the operation of SEO under this Agreement.
15. Right to Make Derivative Works
The Company will have the exclusive rights in making any derivative works from any of its work, practices, coding, programming or other work in regards to SEO.
16. Attorney’s Fees
In the event any party to this agreement employs an attorney to enforce any of the terms of the agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its actual attorney’s fees and costs, including expert witness fees.
17. Identification of The Company
Client agrees that The Company identification may be annotated, and remain, within the code or on the website as the authors. Client also agrees to put The Company’s copyright notices on SEO and the relevant content therein.
18. Agency of Record (AOR) Agreement
Client hereby appoints The Company as its agency to provide, and The Company agrees to provide services related to Client’s local online advertising and search engine optimization. Client authorizes The Company to take, on Client’s behalf, all actions deemed advisable by The Company to perform these services.