Want to help boost your website or landing page to the top of Google, Yahoo! and Bing search engines? Here are some tips that you can follow in order to help your chances of being on the first page of the results.
1. Conduct keyword research. Before you even begin your search engine optimization (SEO) campaign it’s important to figure out which keywords will be best for your business. Use tools like the Google Wonder Wheel to find suggestions or consult an expert to help you find the most effective keywords.
2. Choose your links wisely. If you’re familiar with SEO, you know that the more links that point back to your website, the higher the site will be in the search rankings. However, not all links are highly effective. Only quality links will help boost your rankings. So use Alexa.com to check link popularity and page rank before you submit your link to a directory or another site that you think would be beneficial.
3. Update your site regularly. Search engines see fresh content as more relevant and therefore award it with higher rankings. This means you should update your website and listing with new content as often as possible.
4. Spy on your competition. Check out what your successful competitors are doing and do it for your own company. If they’re using certain categories in their Google Places page that seem to be beneficial, then you should add those categories to your company page. If your competitors are using Facebook and Twitter to engage their customers, you should be doing the same.
5. Use location based keywords. Using keywords like “hair salon long beach” will help people in your local area find you in the search results as well as lower the competition for certain keywords so you are more likely to be found on the first page.
Stay tuned for more quick tips on how to optimize your website or landing page for search engines.