One great way to market your company online is with an entertaining or informational video. Videos are popular and often shared online, which means your company can get more exposure to potential customers as well as keep your brand in front of your current customers’ eyes with video marketing. Want to make a video but not sure how to begin? Here are 5 tips to keep in mind when creating the content for your first company video.
1. Have a goal in mind. Why are you creating this video? Is it to inform your potential customers about something? Is it to entertain your customers to improve your relationship with them? Who exactly do you want to reach? What measurable results to you want to achieve?
2. Put yourself in your target audience’s shoes. What are they interested in? Would they respond well to a funny or educational video? Think about what you would want to share with your friends, coworkers and family if you were your target audience then try to put that into your video.
3. Tell a story. People remember stories a lot better than they remember random facts and figures. People also respond a lot better to something they can connect with emotionally. A story to follow will help you convey your message in a way your target audience is more likely to enjoy and remember.
4. Show your audience what your product/service can do for them. This video is not about your company, it’s about your audience. They want to know how your product/service can improve their lives (i.e. save them time, money, bring them entertainment, etc.). In your video, make sure you show them.
5. Include a call to action. At the end of the video, let your viewers know what you want them to do, whether it be call, visit your website, or share your video with others.
If your company wants to boost your search engine rankings, try video optimization. There is much more text on the Web than videos. This means if you have an optimized video it is more likely to show up on the first page of Google when potential customers are searching for keywords that pertain to your business. If you create a funny, entertaining or informational video that your potential customers share with friends, your video will become even more relevant and more likely to show up high in the search results. So how do you optimize your video for search engines? Follow these directions.
1. Save your video to your computer with a file name that includes your business name and a keyword (E.g., Dave’s Kung Fu Dojo Newport Beach, CA)
2. Open the Properties of the video by right clicking on the file
3. Select the Summary tab at the top of the Properties box
4. Add business name, categories and keywords to the image – these will be picked up by search engines (if you need visual help with steps 1-4, check out our photo optimization blog.)
5. If you don’t already have one, create a YouTube account and add the video to YouTube
6. Choose “Upload” to begin uploading your video. While it is uploading, you can fill in the information box (See image below)
7. Now share your fully-optimized video on your blog, company Facebook page, Google+ page, Twitter, Pinterest, and any other social media networks you belong to.
Title: Add Main business category, location, business name Description: Add everything that was in the title, your phone number and the description you use in Google Places listing Tags: Title, Google categories, city and state
Video search engine optimization (SEO) is becoming increasingly popular and if you have a business and haven’t taken advantage of this tool, there’s no time like the present. Did you know that 2 billion videos are watched on YouTube every day? The popular network has the power to give your business massive exposure and if your video happens to go viral, your company could become the next overnight sensation. Video SEO can help increase the visibility of your video, making it more likely to be seen by your target audience. Not sure if making a video for your business is worth it? Read these top advantages and you’ll be yelling “action!” in no time.
1. There are not as many videos on the Web as text content. For this reason, your video is 53 times more likely to show up in the Google search results than your text content, according to Forrester Research. Optimizing your video with keywords will ensure your video shows up in the search results to be seen by your target audience.
2. Making a video can help you stand out among your competitors. If a potential client is choosing between two companies, both with the same services and pricing, which is he more likely to do business with, the company that created the entertaining video he loved or the one that didn’t?
3. If your video is memorable and entertaining, potential customers are likely to share the video with friends. Suddenly, you have a whole new world of fans who are likely to become customers. Making sure this video is SEO-friendly helps get it found in the first place.
4. You already have a great platform for sharing your video, YouTube. Billions of videos are viewed on the network daily and the site makes it easy to add keywords to your title and description as well as in the keywords tag.
5. Videos help increase brand awareness. Sharing a funny video on YouTube that lets people know what your company does, without force feeding them blatant advertising, will give people who were unfamiliar with your business a great first impression. People who previously didn’t know your company existed may suddenly find themselves standing in line at your local business location or calling you to inquire about your services.
The bottom line is, if you haven’t tried making a video for your business and optimizing it for search engines, you are missing out on some great opportunities to attract new customers, connect with your target audience and show people that your business can be fun and entertaining while still keeping the level of professionalism that is expected by your current customers.